Sunday, August 19, 2007

Almost Home

So Peking/Beijing Duck, not really sure what the big deal is. It is sliced duck eaten in a fajita. I had heard that we see the duck head and stuff but nothing. I'm not sure I wanted to see that but at least I would have more to tell you!
So three more sleeps for me! So very very very excited. Mom, I think the vacuum is in the front closet by the front doors. If not, feel free to open and look everywhere. If any of my other houseguests have seen it please feel free to give mom a shout. Hoping you are able to use my computer at home.
So a couple things about our return.
Toronto - We arrive at 6:15pm on Thursday on Air Canada 0032 direct from Beijing. Those of you that can make it are more than encouraged to be there:) Can someone bring a video camera? Hoping that while you are waiting someone can tape welcome messages to Alex. We will not be staying too long so not to worry this won't take alot of your evening.
Sparta - Open House at 2pm on Saturday. I can't express how much Brian and I are not only looking forward to seeing everyone but also to eat some good ol western potluck food! It may be a very long time before we eat Chinese food again.
Alex and Guests - So I am going to try hard not to come across as a crazy Mom so please just hear me out. This comes from both Brian and I - it took him to be with Alex to really get it. It is important that for right now (I emphasize only for right now) that Brian and I be the only ones to hold Alex. You can play with her cute toes, curious fingers, pudgy nose, big cheeks - essentially anything that you and her would like - we just have to be holding her. We believe that this is the right thing to do for our daughter and we understand that some of you may not agree or even feel hurt by this decision. We are sorry and really don't want to offend anyone we just have to do what we believe is right for our daughter. We are not sure how Alex will react with moving again or being around all these white people:) she may be awesome and fine or she might be terrified - we'll wait and see!
So off to the hospital for the morning. I will post an update on her health later.

2 comments:

John & Michelle said...

I hope that I won't offend you...I am concerned for your safety. This is the first time I have seen your blog. On this post you have given your address for a get together and a home phone number. Also your arriving flight info. There are lots of freaks in the world that would see this as an invitation to take your new family member. Blessings from Illinois!

Unknown said...

"We are not sure how Alex will react with moving again or being around all these white people"

Best blog quote ever - I love it! Welcome home!