Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Forbidden City

Today was just one of those days when everything seemed to go well with Alex. The last couple of days have been extremely trying. Yesterday and into last night all babies were struggling. We moved them. They have a new home again. It completely breaks your heart. I heard Brian telling Alex - next place is your real home. Alex has been fussy and I thought it was a rebelling against Mom thing - after last night it looks like it is both of us. After my struggles, Brian decided to take this one on. Of course it ended with Alex curled up beside him all night! This morning I woke up and climed into bed with her (two doubles this time around) and started snuggling. She woke up about an hour later giggling and playing with my hands and then my lips. We played for a bit and then I decided to get into the tub with her and have some more fun. It was a great morning.
Next we were off to the Forbidden City. Most of you know how much I hate crowds - welcome to China:) Everyone and their brother, sister, great aunt, long lost cousin twice removed, decided to come. Bumping into sweaty people is not fun. I have no clue what the temperature was but I do know that I have been back for 2 hours and my shirt, shorts and all undergarments are still soaked through! Too much info Mom? I carried Alex in the snuggly and low and behold - no rash at all this time. The ancient chinese secrets must be working:) I carried her for about 3.5 hours, I am very proud of this accomplishment - bring on the Great Wall!
The Forbidden City is amazing but I would really like to come back when the weather is much cooler and about a billion people just decide to stay home.
Tonight is our Beijing Duck dinner. I am actually going to try and do my hair! Alex is getting her Canadian Visa pic taken as we speak so she will also be ready for a night on the town. I will take some pics as I guess it is something to see.
I haven't spoken much about Alex's health as I want to see what the Doctor says tomorrow when we take all the babies for their medical exam. Alex should be doing alright. The other babies left in Guangzhou are not well and one stopped breathing last night and is on a respirator - please send all your prayers that way please as the twins and their Mom & Dad desperately need them.
I am trying to update more pics but new city new rules-hopefully you can see them www.dropshots.com/saritawv
5 More Sleeps!!:)!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad things are going well for you and so sad to hear of the other families. You all are in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Skylar and I are happily enjoying Tiger's and China's company, but I am writing from Anita's !!
I don't know where the vaccuum is,so if you can let Tara or A.KNOW ON YOUR blog or pictures they'll tell me. You are now in a place where Papa and I can visualize as we have been there.Sosorry to hear about the other children. Are we to presume they are part of your group? Probably the ones who had pneumonia. Sylar is delighted to be home but misses his friend to play with and I can't compete. It's cool and rainy here today[Sunday] Love,Mum

geminirn said...

Glad to hear you guys made it to Beijing.Our hearts goes out to the family left behind,praying all goes well for them(how stessful it must be for them).Praying all goes well for all the families at the Medicals and looking forward to your next post.