Saturday, August 11, 2007

Temple & Pearls

Good Day! Today we visited a Buddhist Temple. It was very interesting and I was glad that we actually got to witness the Monks doing their chants and prayers. Only half our group participated in this outing as the children have not been up to it. Those that did attend had their children blessed by the high priest/monk. Brian and I chose to spend that time looking around, we will have Alex blessed within our beliefs when we return home. Alex did well with the heat today. I think Brian and I had a tougher time. I chose to climb the 17 floors of one of the pagodas. I was drenched but kept telling myself that I only have a few more days til I am climbing the Great Wall, I need to be ready.
Then off to the Pearl Market we went. I bought Alex a pair of pearl earings so now I have 3 gifts complete of the 18 I am intending on buying - oh boy!
We have 4 more days in Ghangzhou, then off to Beijing. Then 5 days in the big city and then we fly home - 9 more days. I can't wait.
So a couple people have asked how big Alex is. Well I still have no clue. If I go by my scale, which by the way states that I weigh 115lbs, then Alex weighs 5lbs. For my sake I think this is a great number for Alex - well perhaps not. I will continue to find someone else's scale to use as it is too hard to explain to a Cantonese person that the scale is not working.
K. Have a great day everyone! We are off to the zoo tomorrow, zoo tomorrow, zoo tomorrow - isn't there a children's song that goes like that? I really gotta learn all those.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Song Lyrics - Going to the zoo, zoo, zoo - how about you, you, you - you can come too, too, too - cause we're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo - Raffi.

I am loving reading through the blog and can't help but get teary eyed over this beautiful little girl. Can't wait to meet Alex.

Allison