Monday, August 20, 2007

Medical Review

Alex is in clean health! The doctor was a Chinese woman from Montreal and was wonderful. Alex is officially 18 pounds and is in the 25% and her length (can't remember the number) puts her in the 50%. I am not excited nor concerned about those numbers - they are what they are. Alex's lungs are clean - she had bronchitis. Her bum will take awhile to clear up as the bed sores were infected when we got her. Her one spot on her head from scabies will take another two weeks to go away - that is good to know. Her physical development puts her in the range of a 6 month baby but we have seen incredible progress since we got her and think she will catch up in no time. Her speech is delayed and will most likely continue to be for the best part of the year. Alex was already delayed with her speech and then we switched languages on her. Don't get me wrong we aren't saying that she should be actually talking just making multiple sounds - again according to the doctor. Her ears are alright and she responds to the bell when she is ready:) Sweet stubborn young lady.
Alex is still freaking out every time Brian leaves - even to go to the washroom. This behaviour began on the day he went to the orphanage and has yet to go away. I am not taking this as a rejection of me but more of a fear of him leaving her. Alex will only fall asleep at night with Daddy and in his arms. I say will only because it is not for lack of trying. The screaming is quite crazy if he even tries to lie her beside him. As we are in two seperate double beds, I am actually sleeping great:) Alex is waking up throughout the night to smell him, touch him and look at him. We are hoping that this resolves itself by the time we land in Canada otherwise we are very screwed when Brian returns to school - Mom I know you hate that terminalogy but really it captures my concern nicely:)
So that is it! Off to the Great Wall tomorrow. I hear that since the Great Wall was closed for the last two days all the tourists in Beijing will be climbing together tomorrow - can't wait:) Seriously I am pumped because what a wonderful experience to have with my daughter - she will be strapped to my front and we will climb together. TD Folk - bring on the stair climb!!!
Have a great day! Tomorrow will be a long one for us as we are also going to the Jade factory in the afternoon. I will try to post.
3 MORE SLEEPS!!! I may have made a mistake last time with my count I get confused easily!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that the medical went well!! That is great news. Glad you are getting your sleep *grin* David did all the night stuff when we went for dd#1 as I don't do well without my beauty sleep. LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Brian & Sarita. Glad to hear Alex got a clean bill of health. We miss you and look forward to seeing you all come home. Love Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

2 more sleeps !!!!! Simon called and sorted out the blog for me !! The garbage is out !! Tara and f. come for supper tomorrow [Tues.]
It sounds as though Alex is a whole lot better than when she arrived. how are the other babies?
I'm longing to see her actually in motion ! Lots of rain here and cool ! Alex will need some warm clothing on as evenings are quite chilly. Her sweats may be over for a while !!! What terminal do you come in to? It should be on your ticket. Please post it. See you sweethearts soon !!! Love, Mum/M/M