Monday, August 13, 2007

A day late

My apologies that I didn't post last night - ya know a daughter to raise and all:) Alex is doing great. I hate that she has this heat rash every time we step outside - everyone knows me and the heat, oh the irony! Yesterday she lasted 10 minutes before she broke out into huge red welts on her face. We were at a temple so I went back to the bus and hung out. Btw-the pics from yesterday will be loaded tomorrow, I only have the pics from today loaded. Next we went to a tea house. I bought lots and lots of tea, of course any time somone says drink this and you will be skinny, I am sold:) My intention is to buy 18 gifts for Alex. One for each Forever Family day for the next 18 years of her life - ending with a jade bracelet that I will buy in Beijing. So far I have bought one gift - a beautiful tea set. I have a ways to go. I am hoping that Alex and I can go shopping when Brian goes to the orphanage, I now have a stroller so it might be okay. I had to break down and sacrifice my bonding (carrying or carrier) and get the stroller as I was making her too hot.
Today we went swimming. Oh my, she loves, loves, loves the water. She was smiling and splashing. I am so very happy.
We also went to the police department to complete our final in province interview. Now all our official meetings and documentation are complete for GuangDong. We just have to wait for the passport which we will get on Friday and then we are so outta here on Sat morning. Can't put into words how much I want to come home:)
Tonight we went for Thai food again, I am enjoying the Thai food much more then the Chinese food. Less weird animal body parts to worry about.
Alex is waking up in the morning and as I am holding her she is touching my face and then reaching out to Brian's face and then she lets out this big sigh and smiles as if to say 'thank God they are still here' I love it! Yes I realize it could be gas or something else but this is how I choose to interpret it!
Four of the girls in our group have pneumonia, one more has a very bad bacterial infection and then all have multiple welts. I am blessed that Alex is not mroe sick then she has been. peaking of which - did I share that she is teething? Of course she is.....baptism by fire?
So that's all for my travels. Please keep the comments coming. Janette - Alex's middle name is Faith for that is what kept us going. Penny group 249 (sorry if I screwed up your name) - it is so worth it. I am in crazy love. Aunty Shelley - Congrats to you, your Mom and Dad and especially Tiffany. I hope the baby is well. As for everyone else, I really love the messages and you are all in my thoughts and prayers. If you are new here, please check out the pics at www.dropshots.com/saritawv

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. You can see the little teeth when she is grinning in the pool. I can't wait to see the pictures from yesterday too. I love living vicariously through other CB families! I love your posts. Thanks for sharing so much of the adventure!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarita & Brian,
Thks for all the info, we are happy to see Alex is making progress. Looking forward to seeing all of you all

Pops

Lori said...

Hi guys,
Alex looks so happy to finally be with you, I am so glad! How much does she weigh? What size is she wearing? Jake, Hugh and I can't wait to meet her!!
Love, Lori

Lisa Burns said...

Hey Sarita - Nic shared your Blog address with me last week and I've tuned in each day since to see how things are going with all of you! Congratulations to you all - what a story eh! Looking forward to see you upon your return. Be safe & enjoy every bit of the expereince :o)

Lisa Burns

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarita & Brian! Just checking out your blog today for an update and I'm just beaming with happiness for you all! Tears of joy fill my eyes as I read your updates and look at the beautiful pictures! Know that I'm thinking of you and am anxious to meet Alex!
Cheers,
Cheri

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed at how quickly you are both progressing with her ! She's clearly soaking in the love !!
Suggestions :- can you get her to drink lots of water - it would probably help the heat rash !
When you fly anywhere with her remember to get her sucking on her bottle or whatever as you take off and come down. Skylar did well in the kennels, and they remarked on how good he was.He ate all his food. Do you know what weight Alex was when you picked her up ? If not, perhaps you can find out so that you can watch her progress. The other thing -- what is the name of the town you are in ? Love you all, Mum

Anonymous said...

Hi Brian & Sarita. The pictures are beautiful, she is so sweet and a real charmer. You both are real naturals, and thriving by your T.L.C., cant wait for you all to come home. Love Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

Your blog is like a daily fix of pure joy and love for everyone at this end. The pictures are great. My fav's are the ones of Alex in the little white dress one and the ones where she and Brian are bonding. Judging from his face, Daddy is wrapped around her little finger already...
Safe trip home.
Love Sue G

Anonymous said...

Brian and Sarite - you both look so incredibly natural at it already. She is adorable and your first pictures with Alex brought tears to my eyes. I only got to know Brian breifly this past year but have been following your journey every step of the way.
Congratulations to all three of you and your extended families!
Penni Stoddart
former New Sarum staffer

Anonymous said...

Sorry Sarita - typing too fast and misspelled your name.
My bad! I apologize.
Have a safe and hopefully easy trip home guys.
Penni

Unknown said...

Sarita! Congratulations! She's beautiful. I love technology - It's so great that you can share your experience with your family and friends back home. Can't wait to see you and your bundle of joy. Take care,

Scott

Anonymous said...

Love love the pics can't wait to meet her... travel safe and see you soon!!

Love Cari and Reagan

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarita, Brian & Alex,

I did leave a message a few days ago, but don't see it here - don't know what happened

I'm sure Alex will soon feel like she's in Heaven with all the love she's getting.

Congratulations,

Peg'n Lou

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarita, Brian & Alex,

Left a short message the other day, but I guess I didn't qualify to leave one - hope this one works!

I think Alex is already starting to feel like she's in Heaven with all the love & attention she's getting!

Hope she recovers soon,

Love,

Peg'n Lou

Anonymous said...

WOW! Your big miracle has arrived in such a cute little package! Praying for much love, happiness, and health for you all in the coming years. (I'll pray for some sleep every now and then too!) Safe journey home!
Paula C.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

everyone looks so happy and healthy!! we are so happy for you guys, and can't wait to see you again and meet alex! Great pictures--we can't wait to get a comentary on them!

enjoy the rest of your time in China, and we will see you when you get back


mano, kate and kids

Gillian said...

Hi Sarita and Brian,

I just wanted to let you know that Alex is absolutely beautiful. You are both very wonderful people and John and I are thinking of you. We are looking forward to meeting Alex. Your words Sarita are always so well written, you are amazing. Gillian

Unknown said...

hi Sarita, Brian and beautiful baby Alex,
i am tearfully looking through all of your wonderful photos. you are doing an amazing job of ensuring that all of your family and friends feel included in your journey. i am so happy for all three of you - you have been waiting to find each other for a very long time and are finally being rewarded for your faith and your patience. I am so looking forward to hopefully reconnecting with you in the not too distant future,(it's been a very long time!), and being introduced to your sweet sweet girl. Again, i am so happy for all three of you. Please give Alex a big hug and lots of kisses from me. ( and from Tim, Pyper, Tadhg and Ellis too! they're all looking at the pictures too!)Enjoy the rest of your trip, travel home safely.
With love from,
Meg

Anonymous said...

Sarita , Congratulations to both you and Brian on Alex she is a beauty!! Love reading about your journey and seeing all your adventures through your eyes!! Safe travels

Jenn McBride

Anonymous said...

A child was born, she felt your need. Two deserving parents she has found indeed. Your lives together have now begun. We wish this family all the love under the sun. Take care of this gift each and every day. Love Jason, Julie, Marley, Graham

Anonymous said...

A child was born, she felt your need. Two deserving parents she has found indeed. Your lives together have now begun. We wish this family all the love under the sun. Take care of this gift each and every day. Love Jason, Julie, Marley, Graham

Uncle Jason said...

A child was born who felt your need. Two truly deserving parents she has found indeed. Your life together has now begun. We wish you all the love under the sun. Take care of this gift each and every day. Love Jason, Julie, Marley, Graham

Anonymous said...

Don't know if you got my VON advice regarding her diaper rash etc
Plastic pants will not help them ! Bare bum as much as possible
No orange or apple juice - doubt she has that - tons of water where possible
Zinc oxide is an old favoutire stand by = a white paste thta protects the skin from the acid it is being subjected too ! Might not get it there but get it at home
I just love all the data - love - devlopment
and the time you are taking keeping us up with it all . I check in daily - I am so-o-o excited for you
She is a darling - Mum and I talk often. Your efforts and time were worth it.
Love you all - A Jan

Jan & Tineke said...

Hi Brian and Sarita.

I got you site "Waiting on Alex" from your mom and just took a first look. What a beautifull daughter......!!!!! Congratulations. We wish you all that can be wished to be happy together. We will read it all but I wanted to give a first short reaction for now. Next year we will be able to visit you and see Alex.
Thats it for now. More to follow ofcourse.
Wishing you all the best.

Love Jan & Tineke

(ps.... Guess you won't have a stop over in Amsterdam?? haha)

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarita,

I'm trying this again for us, as the last message we attempted to send did not post.

we got your message and we were thrilled to hear your voice!! we loved your voice (you were obviously looking at Alex as you left the message:)). So sorry we missed you!!

with love
mano, kate, shai and ryan