Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Guilin or Bust

Today has been a very eventful day! Brian and I met our tour guide at 7:15am after a very restless sleep. Not sure if it was the time change or the anxiousness finally setting in! We had a great breakfast and then Jenny (pretty sure that is not the right spelling) took us to the ariport. We were at the airport by 8am for our 9:40 flight. Well the flight ended up being delayed and since we have no clue what anyone was saying we just waited - tried to ask no one spoke English. Finally at 12:30pm we boarded for Guilin. We arrived at 3:30pm and then promptly 15 minutes later, our driver blew the tire in his van. :):) LOL. The heat! Waiting outside in this temp and the driver's jack was not big enough so we had to call for another one, so reminded me of Planes, Trains and Automobiles. We checked in about 15 minutes ago and will be leaving in an hour for an acrobatic show. I am very excited about that. Tomorrow we are going on the cruise down the River Li for the day and then finally relaxing tomorrow night.
So today in the TD world, my project launches Nationally. Simon I will be thinking about you tonight as you step in for Tricia and myself. Have fun!!!
I believe Curt and Anna Marie are our current houseguests. I hope you guys are having fun.
I will continue to attempt to write every day. I am hoping to have time to add some pics tomorrow night.
Hope everyone is well:)

From the other side of the world.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sweethearts ! I would love to have seen that acrobat show. It was probably far better than any you see here.
Skylar is thoroughly enjoying himself.I walk him - morning- and Kate afternoon/evening. next week I can do both. I have a trick to make him eat all his food at one go without my help -smear the bowl with piece of wiener. Yesterday he ate 5 cups all together! Today its pouring and campers are inside.
Hope Guilin turned out well !
Love and prayers, Mum

Brett & Lisa said...

Glad to hear that you've both arrive safe and sound! I'm sure it was a completely exhausting experience, not least because of all of the emotions each of you must be feeling...

I hope you get out of your time leading up to seeing your daughter for thie first time, whatever each of you hope for!

We can say from experience, that nothing ever prepares you for the first time you lay your eyes on your child -- it's a completely awesome experience... what's different here, though, is that Alex can smile back!

Thinking about you...

Brett and Lisa