Saturday, August 18, 2007

Finally in Beijing

Well we are here in our final leg. Thank goodness! I can't wait to get home. How many sleeps? Oh yeah 5 MORE SLEEPS:) Alex did great on the plane. I fed her on the way up and then she slept the 3 hour flight and woke up when we landed. I was a pool of sweat but she was an angel. I am exhausted and will update with some more pics tomorrow. We are off to the Forbidden City tomorrow and our Beijing (formerly known as Peking) Duck Dinner. Now that I am back in Beijing, I am reading about Chinese History and Culture in a book I received from a dear friend. It has been very helpful.
Thanks always for everyone's comments. Tara, I am jealous of the wine you and Michele were probably sharing. Aunt J and Mom your advice is very helpful. I hope I never lose the ability to share my emotions, it helps me so very much. I know my work pals have had to deal with it for years and have been so kind to just tease me about it! I have to say that I miss those morning chats and the time I could spend being so overly engrossed in myself. I think I get that back in another 20 years. let's see if I still need it then!
Hope everyone is doing well!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're half way home now. I hope your time in Beijing flies by and you are home with your family soon. When we were there for dd#1 we skipped the great wall because it was a long day and we were not feeling 100%. I felt that the wall would still be there when we returned. So remember to look out and take care of yourselves first. Your health is the most important right now.

Anonymous said...

Hey Rit & Brian,
It's been great reading about your adventures. Missed you on Pelee, maybe next summer with Alex. She's beautiful and we can't wait to meet her! Take care and safe travels, my thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Sorry, no helpful parenting advice from this end. Love you!
Missy

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarita & Brian - my family is so engrossed with your blog that they are telling me when there are updates! You are almost home and what an amazing journey! Thanks for sharing with us because everyone has enjoyed reading your incredible updates. Looking forward to seeing you - love you lots and praying for a safe journey home.

Tara, Jay, Luc, Cole, Nate, Max xoxoxoxoxox