Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Great Wall, Great Climb, Great Pain

So I did it! I faced my fear of heights - yup I didn't know I had one either:) and climbed with Alex up quite some way and then climbed back down. For those of you that have climbed the Wall you will appreciate the balance required on the very steep steps. Many people commented on their way down (my way up) that I was one brave girl. I didn't fully appreciate those comments till I got to my stopping spot and looked down. Alex slept sweetly in my carrier and I sweated my a _ _ off in the 48 degree temp. Yup one of the 'hotter' days!
I am now believing that Alex was allergic to one of the medicines rather than having a heat rash. She has never gotten the rash again and she has also not taken the amoxicillin again. I will have her tested when I get home.
It was a great climb, one that I will never forget - especially tomorrow when I wake up in pain! We also went to the Jade factory, absolutely beautiful stuff! Tonight is our group pics because the twins are flying in!!!!!!! Very excited to see them and hopefully their medicals and paperwork will allow them to fly home with us on Thursday!
That's it for now. I am updating the pics as I type so hopefully you will enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all sounds so good with the health check. Can't wait for you to get home so I can see you guys and meet Alex!

Anonymous said...

Sorry last post was me I can only post anonymous. Shelley XXOO

geminirn said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!I have followed a lot of blogs during my 20 month wait....and I must say that these are THE MOST beautiful photos that have seen of the great wall...WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you enjoyed your climb.Hope you guys enjoy the rest of your time in China.i'm so happy that the family left behind will be joining you guys again.

Saint John,NB
CB group 253